Thursday 8 May 2014

Christopher Kane Spring Summer 14

I was on the London Collections website looking for relevant designer research for inspiration when I found Christopher Kanes SS14 menswear collection which was very similar to the route i wanted to my designs down. 




The geometric lines Kane has used on all his pieces give the collection a high tech computerised, futurism vibes. The 2D lines give the clothes a 3D illusion, its a very clever and unique design.


I really like the scalfs he has designed. At the moment I am unsure of what exactly I am going to put my prints onto but after seeing how amazing the prints look on scalfs, has inspired me to consider menswear accessories.


This is a very formal shirt, which typically you wouldn't see the everyday man wearing to work or a formal occasion. But seeing Kane pair what is quite a fun, weekend kind of print onto a monday to friday work shirt has sparked an idea to embellish a shirt with my print on particular parts of the shirt. For example the collar or the cuffs.






No comments:

Post a Comment