Wednesday 23 April 2014

Drawings from photographs

With the vague idea in mind of the intention to create a digital print from the photos I took of the Chanel shops exterior, I started off by drawing the outline of the shop in my sketchbook.

This was very tedious and time consuming, without giving a very good effect as a result. I didn't enjoy doing this, it was very difficult to look at the image and try and replicate the many lines in the picture onto a drawing.

I intended to do some more drawings of the picture using different medias but from the poor drawing I decided to try a different approach and consider composition. This is the 2nd drawing I did, again I found this drawing not leading onto anything further reinforcing that taking the drawing onto a digital format would be easer to work with and manipulate into a geometric print.





No comments:

Post a Comment